Where do old dated commits come from in AOSP?2020-02-15 android git
I'm following the commits to master branch of Messaging app in AOSP. Sometimes I see very old dated commits appear at the top in its logs: How do I find where these commits come from? If they're on a separate branch, how do I find that branch and the initial original commit into the repository?
- Remove files from Git commit
- Delete commits from a branch in Git
- Git workflow and rebase vs merge questions
- Git fetch remote branch
- Undo a Git merge that hasn't been pushed yet
- How do I remove files saying "old mode 100755 new mode 100644" from unstaged changes in Git?
- Merge all changes from another branch as a single commit
- Visualizing branch topology in git
- How can I reconcile detached HEAD with master/origin?
- Finding a branch point with Git?