Can I add Swift 3 in Xcode11?2020-03-26 swift3 cocoapods xcode11
I am using some Cocoapods packages that works well in Swift 3.2. If I changed those packages I need to do lot of code editing which will consume lot of time and effort. Is there any ways to add Swift 3 to Xcode 11?
I doubt you can ADD a Swift version. I.e. use 5.1 for your code and 3.1 for libraries. AFAIK, all binaries have to be built using the same compiler.
Technically, you can CHANGE the toolchain. This article illustrates how (not sure if nowadays 3.1 is stretching this though):
However, I doubt that you can submit apps built with 3.1 to the AppStore.
I also wonder if you really even want to try to buy into this. If you use Swift 3.1 you may need to make sure to bundle the runtime with your app. Since one of the more recent evolutions of iOS, the Swift runtime is not packaged with apps anymore, but relies on the OS runtime.
Good luck on this endeavor. Really want to kick all the Swift 5.x goodies? ;)
- How to import and use Swift Pod Framework in Objective-C Project
- Correctly Parsing JSON in Swift 3
- How do I dispatch_sync, dispatch_async, dispatch_after, etc in Swift 3, Swift 4, and beyond?
- Adding Local dependencies in XCode11 using SPM
- How to integrate SwiftLint with an iOS app using Swift Package Manager?
- Xcode 9 Swift Language Version (SWIFT_VERSION)
- Ignore Xcode warnings when using Cocoapods
- Can I target multiple Xcode/Swift versions with a single Cocoapod?
- Get Obj-C Cocoapod API to be consumed in Swift 3.0 apps
- Swift Framework Added via Cocoapods into Objective-C App - "Module not found"