How to open an Android App link from a webview2020-03-27 android webview deep-linking applinks
I have an app that can handle app links.
For example, if you have a link such as https://my-app-domain.com/something and you click on it, it would launch my app.
However, if the link was sent in an app that opens links in a webview, my app won't be launched. For example, Facebook Messenger, Instagram and Snapchat all open links in their own webview which takes the user to my website instead of launching my app.
What I'm trying to do is make this link launch my app even it was sent in an app that opens links in a webview.
- How can I open a URL in Android's web browser from my application?
- How to go back to previous page if back button is pressed in WebView?
- Launch an app from within another (iPhone)
- How to get screen dimensions as pixels in Android
- How to stop EditText from gaining focus at Activity startup in Android
- How to lazy load images in ListView in Android
- Is quitting an application frowned upon?
- How to launch a web link from within my WebView in a registered app on Android?
- WebView link click open default browser
- Intercepting links from the browser to open my Android app